Saturday, April 9, 2011

Music beats me

Title above doesn’t exaggerate anything. Music can beats me because I ever feel music should be my principal activity in my life, not sociology. Music makes me feels really good, hearing it or playing it.

So, since I was child music were present in my life. My older brothers introduced rock music to myself. Could it say that I  grow up in a rock ambient and that was good luck.

As a result of that, I was developing a sensible ear and a specifically inclination to play music that I liked. I play drums because my brother did it, and he had a drum in my grandmother’s house.
A lot of musicians commoved to me, from different styles, rhythms, and techniques. In my early years as drummer when I played with my brother, I usually play Red Hot Chili Peppers songs, the most important band of my life.

Over time I have expanded to music styles which put more attention in lyrics, process coincident with a personal quest for meaning in the music, looking for a message in music. Therefore, I started to hear punk, folk, psychedelic, classic rock, and also hip-hop music. Bands as the clash, sex pistols, the who, the beatles, the rolling stones are amazing to me. In chile I like bands as fiskales ad hok, conspirazion, salvaje decibel, chinoy, the ganjas, aguaturbia, los prisioneros, los tres, los tetas, etc.

I think music is not understandable within a culture connection, or a historical link. And also over time I learned that music can convey sense both by lyrics and trough itself. I recommend always pay attention to each kind of music that appears on our ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment